Sunday, May 25, 2014

This World Is Very Cruel I Know It For A Fact




What I am going to tell you on this hot humid Sunday might sound highly unbelievable ,but this world is rotten .
Once you have the urge of making money by hook or by crook than nothing stands in the way , not even human values ,.

I used to see a man who looked like a drunkard begging with a child with a burnt leg and a prescription , demanding money at the Sahiban circle Pali Road Turner Road junction ..I got out of my ricksha and told him this was cruelty , he ran away but such is the state of beggary where the child is the victim or the means for making money .

This child I shot at Dongri has a badly burnt leg I dont know the story behind it nor do I ask , but anything is possible in the beggar world in most cases run by the Beggar Mafia.

Little kids are exploited by their parents guardians , beaten burnt made to beg at traffic signals ..and a lot of sexual abuse too I am sad and the kids have no escape.

I use my camera and try to reach out those dark areas but I cant do more than that .. there was a time the elder beggars at Turner Road Traffic signal had warned me not to shoot their wards with dire consequences but I continued.


I try not to talk much on my pictures but someone has to do something.. every one is hand in glove even the authorities know it , but our system is corrupt inherently and  nothing much can come out of it..

Good salaries good perks better standard of living to the policemen would bring corruption down but there is huge talk but no police reforms ..thereby giving birth to rogue cops all cops are certainly not crooks ..

And I will have to discontinue this beggar narration and  pictures as I will be adding a new set late evening.. hopefully .

So photography is a curse and a boon.. it holistically heals it informs it has a social purpose and it is hardcore evidence that is why they dont want photography in many places where they site various reason..but the main reason is not get caught with their hands in the cookie jar and get exposed.

I think we photographers have a responsibility and trust me truthfulness dedication pays in the end.

Those masters who taught me photography , taught me the holistic reach of photography and it is this power of truth I taught my grand children when I began teaching them this medium at a very early age.

There are beggars  during Ramadan I broke fast with them and I was touched by their humility ..I learnt a lot from beggars .
we are alll beggars in one way or another .
we beg from God and God begs from us ..our godliness to add to his humanity.

I have some great friends on Flickr and I thank them for their comments encouragement and at times can go in depth as I type with one finger that accuses me of hard labor  grudgingly I think.

There is so much I want to do learn but time is short , I want to runaway but than I am a mystic caught by the tale of my tragedy of unliving.

Now I will feed Marziyas flowerhorns .. black ghosts , I clean the tanks almost every day ..and than water and feed her community of Java finches .

And I miss all 3 of them on summer vacation Marziya Nerjis and Zinnia.

So a blog serves as catharsis empties out the  tank of residual remorse ..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube