Sunday, May 25, 2014

Bandra Bazar Road...



This is the rustic part of Bandra also known as  gaothan, once a predominantly East India commune of fisher folks ..and much of this land  surrounding areas belonged to the once famous De Monte family that is why the lane ahead is called
De Monte street .. our first Bandra house was here at De Monte Street .. we moved here after the riots from our pagdi Khar house at Danpada Khar Danda.

This is a very peaceful area quiet  and tranquil. Nothing has changed here , the crosses , that mark this East Indian pride ..they still have Novenas here and most of the time this peace has been disturbed by those representing the law wanting to demolish the ancient heritage crosses so this time I am sure even the Christian community went for change and development .

This sadly is the most neglected part of Bandra the so called Queen of the Suburbs.

I am taking a break from beggars I must have depressed you all quiet a bit..but as I blog my backyard the beggars become a vital part of the road map of Bandra.

As a photographer I documented this area extensively its cosmopolitan beauty and secular texture of tolerance and mutual coexistence..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube