Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Muslim Beggar Woman



I take you back to my world of Muslim beggars , but amazingly I hardly see Muslim beggars , these were shot a few years back .

The Beggars like Jaffar Bhai are missing , the blind beggar boy is missing only his guardian begs where they both once sat..

Appu my friend I have not seen since a very long time he is just a stump without hands or legs.

Nowadays I am trying to get the hang of shooting my backyard through my mobile phone Motorola G.

The heat in Mumbai is totally undeservedly unbearable ..if I got out I come home shower as I am drenched to the bone in sweat ..my grandkids are on their summer vacation so I have become a lonely old man.

Over all the Muslims in the slums are happy with the change and are eagerly waiting for change to touch their lives too, I was in the Bandra Compound slums and the living conditions are abjectly pathetic..

I wont hesitate in saying that the Muslim slumdwellers have been at the mercy of the politician landshark nexus ,and being used for their own nefarious ends .

The slumdwellers have no choice the ruling satraps have just done cosmetic allurements , paver blocks repairing the community toilets but on the face of it they are where they are .

Many years back almost 58 years back I think my parents lived close to a Hindu crematorium in Kurla , and when my mother talked about those days it would bring tears to my eyes , I was born in Lucknow but my mother came to Mumbai when I was a year old and she was fifteen something.

My dad late Mohomed Shakir eased his wife and child from the Kurla slums to a tenanted place of  veteran actor Nawab Kashmiri at  Wodehouse Road  and those were the acche din of our family ,, good upbringing good schooling and than we shifted to Neelam Building at Breach Candy and finally to Mohini Mamsions Stand Cinema .

I left Colaba and made Bandra my home and the home for my children their children.

So Bandra means a lot to me and seeing it perishing away in the slums , hurts all the more.

So I hope Good Days touch all of us beyond our different  political cultural diversities , as we are bound by our love for our country and our Indianness .

And I hope young leaders like Mr Aditya Thackeray whom I admire and respect one day become our hope too.. he is suave cultured and would make a great Minister of Youth Affairs in the Modi cabinet .. I hope it happens soon.


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube