Friday, May 23, 2014

The Muslim Beggar Girl

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.”
― Rumi

The season of beggars is not spring or autumn , it is Ramzan our very holiest month , a month of piety , introspection and much more .

I used to fast , shoot the street scenes the Iftar , Sairi at my house but than my gallbladder stones put stop to my rozas its been two years now.

Ramzan is a very soul satisfying month and it is a lucrative month for beggars , finally God answers their prayers through the kindness shown to them by the people at large ,Ramzan touches the non Muslim too in more ways than one .

And Ramzan in the Bandra slums is a month of happiness despite sufferings and their impoverished lives , the poor serve the much poorer ..

I shot all this as sets , than clustered them together for easy access at Flickr ..the aroma of food , dates , the awakeners who wake up people to begin their fasts .


And Ramzan is Hope beggars from far flung areas , even Uttar Pradesh come to Mumbai for charity , and as I live in Bandra , the area gets beggars from Mumbra and other places .

But than there are those who come with big fat receipt books and con the naive I call them the white collar beggars.

Crimes are less during Ramzan negligible as it keeps the Muslim crooks gangsters in check..this is a fact..

And the Muslim beggar kids are like buds in a garden of hope waiting to be touched by Gods Mercy..

And read her face penetrate her eyes hr soul as my camera did and here was the story of struggle suffering maintaining  the nobility of Gods Grace .

Rest can be volubly read in silence ..

The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube