Friday, May 23, 2014

Muslim Beggars from Murshidabad







These are beggars hailing from Mushidabad West Bengal they live in the distant suburbs but come to beg in the slums of Bandra West .

Those living in the slums here are better off and have better living conditions , they have in their hard times seen bad days , so they are generous to these migrant beggars of Bengal .They give them money old clothes and left over food.


Most of these beggars come to Mumbai during the holy month of Ramzan.. make sufficient money and head back to their hometowns .

Most of the migrant beggars pay protection money to the local hoodlum it is alleged , and theirs is a tough life and honestly who really cares about beggars .

Photography made me see the other side of the spectrum of pain , photography made me a writer and a word juggler of sorts , humbly making me a beggar poet..

And do these beggars know why I am shooting them, earlier when I shot beggars my detractors thought I make money selling their pictures this was the general opinion otherwise why would one shoot beggars .

I got absorbed into the world of beggars accidentally , and I am showcasing this Gods tribe on the run.. seeking green pastures of hope and a bit of respect albeit ..

And I am at home comfortable shooting the Muslim beggars ,, the lowest of the low the untouchables of our sanctimonious Muslim society.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube