Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Muslim Beggar .. Bandra Compound Slums .

Of late my street shots are on my mobile phone Motorola G that was was gifted to me by my son.
Earlier I used the Blackberry curve but never shot pictures on it ,, hated shooting pictures on the mobile .. dont know why maybe I was too hung up on my DSLR's

I come here very often ,there are a lot of tailoring embroidery workshops here.

Lots of butcher shops , chicken shops and   this is a typical Muslim ghetto ,it has many tiny bylanes , pigeon hole for houses , gutter running outside the houses, kids shitting bathing women washing clothes you see it all here .

 From the lane where I shot my earlier slum pictures I walk straight ahead in the heart of the slums I will exit at Shastri Nagar slums that stretches till the railway tracks of Bandra west.

You walk out towards the Bandra bus depot , the Station Road Sunni Masjid and the Bandra Station.

So back to  my picture of the Muslim beggar ,this is a busy lane you enter all the main arteries of the Bandra Compound slums tiny dinghy pathways .

People know me here as an actor photographer , and I showed one of them his picture I had shot a few days back, he looked surprised as he was not aware I had shot him.. he seemed happy he was hoping happy days touch this iconic Bandra slum s too .

From here I walk back towards Bandra SV Road I shot the wood carvers , and than I cross the road to buy bloodworms for Marziya my grand daughters flowerhorns and black ghosts .

I walk a lot and it is so hot that though I had showered before leaving my house I am totally drenched with sweat , and it is horrendously humid..I enter JJ Colony buy coriander and sprouts for Marziyas Java finches and I reached home , showered again.

My mobile is synced to Flickr what I shoot is uploaded here privately than I make the necessary changes add text  etc.. I fed the fishes and the birds just now.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube