Friday, July 19, 2013

The Asqan Malangs At The Holy Shrine Of Zinda Shah Madar Makanpur


Trying to get inside the Holy Shrine on the Urus day 30 March 2013 was next to impossible , it is a closeted space totally overcrowded with the Malangs and their followers and the respected Khadims of the Holy Shrine .

I was lucky I was in company of a Dam Madar Malang he protected me , saw that nobody tried to get close to me or my camera , thanks to Syed Rafiq Baba who had asked this Malang to be my shadow .

This was one time Marc Malang could not make it he was unwell , in his room , I was tired , unwell too , but I had decided to shoot the opening of the Dam Madar turbaned hair , once a year happening, the Malangs have dread locks that they dont open in public and dont wash it too..

It is after the rituals end at the Shrine do the Malangs come out open their turbans holding their 20 feet locks they dance the Sufi way know as the Kaif.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube