Friday, July 19, 2013

Mehboob Ali Bawa Of Panipat At Zinda Madar Shah Makanpur


Despite the distance , the hardships , crowds , using open farms as toilet , as the toilet where I stayed was always packed and a long queue ,I would go back to Makanpur to capture the World of Dam Madar Malangs .

This first journey all alone without proper guidance was very tough , from Kanpur station , to a rickshah stand than to Bhillaur and further on to Makanpur is unforgettable and than the return journey from Makanpur to Bhilaur and a bus directly to Kanpur , from Kanpur a direct bus to Lucknow where I was to catch the train for Mumbai.

Makanpur Urus of the Dam Madar Malangs is colorful, and you meet some of the greatest Rafaees Malangs affiliated to the Order of Zinda Shah Madar.

There are no hotels , at all but lodges or private homes where rooms are given on rent..and it is totally farmlands pastoral bucolic background ,,

We Marc Malang and I stayed in a room with 10 others , a room that we got through Liaqat Baba of Jaipur , but being part of Peer Masoomi Babas entourage is a plus ,, The Asqan Malangs are indomitable and well known and I had Rafiq Baba Wahid Baba as my guides and teachers so it was fine ..shooting was tough on the day of the Urus .. the toughest I have faced , and though Marc lost his camera batter and money I lost only my Press Card .

Most of the Malangs who come here are the ones that walk from Delhi to Ajmer so I was known to most of them, as I sit with My Peer at Char Yar Cemetery .

But if I had money time I would definitely visit Kalliar Sharif and other Shrines in Hardwar ,, but it has not been possible.

I hardly shoot pictures these days and I wont shoot the rains in Mumbai not my cup of tea..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube