Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Chancawalli Rafaees Mahim Dhuni - Mahim Urus 2012

258,427 items / 2,096,119 views

The Rafaees are like fakirs of yore and are body piercer experts , they light the Holy Fire known as the Dhuni.. you find the Dhuni among the Naga Sadhus too.. Most of the Rafaees are ascetics but some are married too and have families like Hassan Ganda and Shahenshah Baba or Faiyaz Ali Baba.

I accidentally came here and bough Sakib with me Sakib is my best friend from Mahim highly respected Dargah florist.

Sakib and Fahad Pathan are the two main people who hooked me on to the Rafaees I began documenting their lifestyle I followed them from one Holy Shrine to the other and it was late Sikandar Wali Baba Murrshad who introduced me to the mystic world og Malangs and Haji Malang..

I climb Haji Malang mountains barefeet and Dr Glenn Losack MD might have been the first New Yorker who came up to Haji Malang with me in 2008.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube