Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Last Journey And Last Rites of Shree Balasaheb Thackeray

252,075 items / 2,071,142 views

At first I did not want to go and shoot this as a nail had gone into my feet and it was healing slowly so I was not sure I could make this journey , but than seeing the images on TV and a call from my Guru Shreekant Malushte changed my mind I wore simple clothes a white linen shirt and black linen trousers and walked till Mahim where I caught the cortege of Shee Balasaheb Thackeray before the Mahim fishing village , and I climbed up trucks , and walls to shoot these pictures.

Than a friend Sunil Parab spotted me from the Press Bus and I shot the procession till Sena Bhavan

From Sena Bhavan I walked to Shivaji Park got into the Press Enclosure but it was just impossible to shoot the Press Guys are not the friendliest species on earth in Mumbai , they stood on chairs making it impossible to shoot any frames my friend Nitin Pawar of PSI Mumbai standing on a platform next to the LCD screen shot some pictures for me and the last rite pictures were shot by a Marathi lad called Prakash Maurya ..and this is my humble tribute to a great iconic leader and I dont think there will ever be leader as large as Shree Balasaheb Thackeray and there wont ever be such a large crowd of any Indian leader on his passing away ..in existence or yet to be born.

I walked back till Mahim my legs in bad shape and my friend Sakib who stays at Dargah Gully Mahim dropped me home.

This is my new set at Flickr.com a very long series.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube