Sunday, November 18, 2012

Shias Of India Dont Much Care For Photographers ..


252,074 items / 2,070,942 views

I go out of my way , to be hospitable to photographer friends who come to Mumbai to shoot Moharam, I change my plans to suit their convenience , I dont do this for money or perks ..or to visit their cities one day and expect the same hospitality .. no way.
I love India I live in India ..I dont like foreign travel even if it came free.

Similarly I have decided the day I have money and a ticket for Karbala I will give it to a poor person let him go fulfill his spiritual thirst I seek my Karbala in India.

And maybe for the Shias of India some of them I am not even a 100% pucca Shia I am a Malang , I am everything I shoot .. I become one with their religiosity behind the camera ..

I shoot everything that touches my city .. but I wont shoot somethings ..following funeral cortege , or disasters .. I shoot disasters after they have happened I shoot the rebuilding of the human soul and his surroundings.

All the places I have shot Moharam has been with my funds my money my time no sponsors but once I reached a city people were kind to me in Chennai I stayed in a hotel but Dr Abbas orator well known personality let me stay with him for 3 days which meant a lot to me.

I shot Hyderabad I stayed in a hotel but Naqi Bhai from Choti Bargh allowed me to stay with him , so my camera etc was safe and I was among my own.

I stayed in a hotel at Kolkatta.

In Lucknow I stayed with my wifes family at Nakhas but I have self exiled myself from the city of my birth forever.

In Delhi I stayed with my cousin Huzoor Miya and shot the Chehlum procession.

I travel by train mostly chalu dabba as my plans are made last minute..so this time I placed a Facebook update and got no response for shooting Moharam either in Srinagar or Hyderabad .. I got a message from a young person ..a very sweet message I share for others who want to travel and shoot .. her message


Hi Uncle,
Join Couch surfing site. In which you can ask people round the globe to host you free of cost, so your cost of staying will be reduced rest traveling will be on your own basis. I frequently use this site and its really good. Rest you can host various couch surfers at your place too.
Regards,

I cant host couch surfers I have Ladies in my house .. so I did not take up her offer.

Than this morning I got a message from a Miami Shia she gave me a contact for her her relative married to a Kashmiri.

But I have decided to wait for my nephew he arrives in Delhi an eminent photographer he will give me some tips he wants me to come and shoot Delhi..

Now I need to shoot Moharam where there is a lot of blood gore because I will cut my head too tatbeer ..I cannot shoot tame Moharam... of majlis and simple matam.

So this is my dilemma ..I am letting it off on a old post that was blank.

I maybe wrong .. God forgive me.

Habib Nasser my friend was kind he said he would get me some contacts but he is totally busy during Moharam .. he shoots Shiasm and Wild Life unlike me I shoot garbage , dogs beggars and all the filth of Humanity.. created by none but Humanity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube