Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Pitru Paksh - And The Girl Is Telling Them Not To Throw The Puja Leaves In The Tank

248,229 items / 2,054,826 views

On the top of the Tank in a makeshift pandal a lady kept blaring away at the North Indian devotees not to litter the Banganga tank , making them aware of the fishes in the tank that die in great numbers due to lack of oxygen when the puja leaves choke the breathing system of the fish and marine life.

This lady is the new corporator Mrs Jyotsana Mehta a Jain , and love of nature animal insects and human beings as their religion pre- empts respect for all living things...I met her later and saluted her for her concern and he arduous task ..of trying to keep the Banganga tank a heritage site clean and green.

My documentary of the Pitru Paksh is not coming here as a photographer shooting a few pictures and rushing to post them on a social networking site ..I did not come here to shoot a fair or a religious mela I came here to showcase my culture showcase Hindu traditions of old and I have been shooting this for last 8 years ..My being a Muslim has got nothing to do with what I shoot... I shoot all religiosity religious seasons that affect my beloved city and my neighbor and me.

Because I am a poet I see pictures differently I feel my pictures before I shoot them and make you feel them too.

And today is my third day of uploading these pictures I have another card to go ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube