Monday, October 1, 2012

Thank You All In Humility And Gratitude .. For Sharing My Pain And My Loss On Visarjan Night

This picture and a few more were sent to me by my Facebook friend Sagar Bekal a great photographer with great sense of time and rushing to the right place for the right shot..

I am too old for his kind of agility , and this was shot by a another photographer from JJ school of Arts I think who was with us shooting the Lalbagh Visarjan,, the Arti and than the Rajas imminent departure from the Pandal .. and I was almost crushed in the crowd with my heavy bag .. I was stupid to have carried it .. I normally travel light one camera and small satchel..and streets event I shoot on Canon EOS 60D but I bought the heavier 7D too ..

And finally had all my cards wallet my belongings stolen at Clare Road I think before Nagpada a fellow photographer told me my bag was open I checked and I was in total daze as this lot of pictures were shot by me too a full 16 GB card .. this was my greatest loss .

And in 2008 somebody during the Moharam juloos someone robbed my Canon G9 that was presented by my dear friend Glenn Losack,...I have been robbed of 2 Blackberries too in the past..

This time the BB and both my cameras and a coconut that was given to me by a volunteer was intact this coconut I take for Mrs Punam Shatrughan Sinha every year at Visarjan time ..

She is my patron ,my benefactor and the greatest support of my life ..even for my house she gave me good luck money as a token.. very nominal a gesture that has saved me from losing it when bad times struck.. I am just coming out of it , my loss was stupendous in my work I took up a job paid of a few of my creditors , but left the job because I could not sell my self respect , my values of life ..and above all my freedom , ..I have been on my own freelancing since two months now getting less but much happier and no constrains ..

I have to pay back a few friends I hope to clear that too before I eventually shut my eyes ..

I dont know what I would do without my friends those that shared my pain on Facebook I thank them and Sagar and Sumit Kale both had shot pictures on my camera and on the card I lost ..


Both have shared their pictures with me .. I will post my Visarjan pictures shot on the 7 D later .. the cards in my camera were not stolen fortunately

I have informed Sajid Khan of Hindu Ekta Comitee and Sunil Joshi of Lalbagh Chya Raja pandal of my loss I have noted the same at Nagpada Police Station on Visarjan night the officer on duty was very kind and all the constables felt sad for me ..this is Amchi Mumbai I love it has a beating Heart All Times ....

Once Again Thank you All..

With your kind words I have got over my loss ..the pain too will go gradually ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube