Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rehma Hijra Offers Her Humility Love To Lalbagh Chya Raja


Reshma hijra was here waiting for Lalbagh Chya Raja last year but had only a flower garland for him , we sat together at a nearby restaurant with her hijra friends had tea chatted , we had known each other for many years but she hated me as she did not like me shooting pictures of her community , she was abusive rude arrogant brash but she did not scare me I still shot pictures.. all this at Haji Malang .

And when she saw me barefeet shooting the Raja tired and in bad shape she took me to the restaurant where she ordered biscuits tea for me ,, we became good friends and she began protecting me from others ..
So when I spotted her with a bigger basket of fruits flowers for Raja I knew something good had happened to her life she is married too..but there was little time to ask her all this I shot 5 frames you can only see this one..

Hijras are great believers of all religiosity and there was a time before I began documenting the Rajas journey I shot their Ganesha float at Grant Road coming from Kamatipura.

So this is one short story of hijra love devotion to Lalbagh Chya Raja ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube