Sunday, October 21, 2012

Durga Pandal Mount Mary 2012


Every year I shoot the Durga pandals in and around my area , but this time due to an injury on my leg, my bone setter says it is old age catching up with me , and because of my diabetes and waking barefeet most of the time I am injury prone..I have not been able to shoot the pandals even the one close to my house at Bazar Road .. but I shoot what I am destined to shoot goes without saying.

I create pictures out of Nothing ..and the opportunities at home are many with 3 photogenic camera friendly grand daughters but I shoot them only when I find something awe inspiring in their acts.

After I finished shooting Dr Mansoor Showghi Yezdi Irani Chaiwala I thought of going home , and I have to carry my grand daughter Nerjis as she walks barefeet like me at home only, so we came to this pandal near Gurav Chawl next to Good Luck Irani Restaurant .

I have shot this pandal for several years now since the time I stayed at Pitru Chayya next to Mehboob Studios as a tenant .. nostalgic memories of this peaceful calm beautiful area ..and Mehboob studios old memories grow on you ,,we shared the same wall with Mehboob studios..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube