Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dr Mansoor Showghi My Facebook Friend Irani Chaiwala

248,501 items / 2,056,076 views

I got a call from Mansoor Bhai , he had walked from Mahim to Bandra and was heading towards Good Luck Restaurant near Mehboob Studio, a restaurant that is a set on my Flickr photostream, as I once stayed close to this restaurant as a tenant sharing the same wall with Mehboob Studios .

The three brothers who own this restaurant are my very dear friends Mohomed Bhai the eldest Hamza and Jalal.. the kheema brun breakfast is fantastic and the Hyderabadi Haleem they also serve emu kheema .. I have not tried it.

Well I came to Good Luck with my Irani friend Mamdi Busheri in his scooter with a sidecar I bought my grand daughter Nerjis Asif Shakir 14 month old...

After Dr Mansoor Showghi served us tea bun maska .. we parted I shot pictures and two frames shot by Nerjis Asif Shakir ,.

We both left Good Luck , grandpa and grand daughter to shoot the Durga Pandal of Mount Mary that I shoot every year.

Dr Mansoor Showghi is documenting the Irani diaspora , the Iranian influence the history of the Irani migrants famous Irani hotels bakeries including the Zenda Vesta followers their lifestyle cuisine and fire temples .

So any of you are interested in being featured in his book and film do contact him , specially if you have old pictures he will scan give them back to you.

Like me Dr Showghi is a Malang a Dervesh and we both believe in Peace Brotherhood an Islam of Love away from bullets bombs and sectarian hate ..an Islam where little girls are not shot by cowards with faces hidden under veils .. an Islam that respects Humanity a Islam that was salvaged by Imam Hussain at Karbala and redeemed from the inherent terrorism that we call Yazidiyat.

Shah ast Hussain, Badshah ast Hussain
Deen ast Hussain, Deen Panah ast Hussain
Sardad na dad dast, dar dast-e-yazeed,
Haqaa key binaey La ila ast Hussain

Loosely translated

Ruler is Hussain, Emperor is Hussain,
Faith is Hussain , guardian of faith is Hussain .
Offered his head and not the hand to Yazid.
Truly, the mirror of faith is Hussain

Raza Rumi

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube