Friday, September 7, 2012

He who doesn't fear death dies only once. ~Giovanni Falcone

241,406 items / 2,029,286 views


I continue with my street documentary , and all this was shot in 2007 ..manipulating the title the Exiff data this becomes as new as a childs nappy ...

My street documentary is not to boast of how good or bad a photographer I am or what camera what lens I used all that is meaningless , my photography is only a means to cross over to the other side become one with my subject..I am not a philosopher .but my camera is , it changes visuals into thoughts .. images into poems , here I decide to skip words as poetry.

I am not a photographer per se , I am a chronicler of my times I write on water the soul of man , his life his death.. his death is what his life is all about , it follows him faithfully till the end .. in sleep and in consciousness .

My one year old grand daughter Nerjis Asif Shakir is a very passionate photographer and I dont video shoot her achievements at all.. I hold the camera for her let her hit the shutter button and I dont delete what she saw .. she is the viewfinder of my camera .. she loves the camera and it is a crazy love I instilled it into her like a drop of ink on a blank paper and smudged an impression that no time can erase.

We had friends just returned from States and I took out my camera , she placed the strap round her neck I held the Canon 60d she took a shot , I made her take another one this time she knew what she had to shoot and she shot Munawar Kashmiri son of Nawab Kashmiri.. his palatial house began the story of the Shakirs the story of my life now being carried forward by a one yea old child .

There is another child too at home Zaira Fatima 11 month more focused more bolder I have kept her away from the camera I cant afford a third camera ..and my wife will go insane if this grand daughter her favorite starts shooting pictures too.

She might become a photographer seeing both of them ..

Marziya Shakir has grown more beautiful, smarter and is now completely hooked on her I Pad a gift from her dad , and is not passionate about being a street photographer like he sister Nerjis Asif Shakir.

As I quit my job , I watch my grand children grow spend more time with them , and really feel like an old man..I do freelance less work more quality controlled satisfaction..and more time but I hardly venture out , no photography at all .. so these old pictures from my street photography set add to my joy .. and as you all are aware I type with one finger .. of my damaged right hand.

I will be busy shooting the Ganesha Pandal I already shot the workshops than Durga .. Bakra eid and finally Moharam and this time I hope to visit another city Mumbai has torn my emotional guts apart..people are not the same , and what I write is not what they read .. I wrote freely they read he same with blinkers .. so I decided its time to head to a new destination this Moharam..

And I hope pray none of my foreign friends come to shoot Moharam in Mumbai because I wont be here in Mumbai and will definitely not change my plans for them.

I prefer shooting Moharam in Hyderabad a place that as a Shia is my Karbala for me humble people simple people and their hospitality is out of this world.

Even Chennai is better than be abused at home by misguided Shia bigots .. a new breed that is the worst culmination of Azadari in Mumbai.


..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube