Sunday, September 23, 2012

GPO Fort Cha Raja Ganesha Pandal 2012



I have a very unique story to narrate I took a bus from Bandra Reclamation for VT I wanted to shoot the GPO Fort Ganesha Pandal.

As the bus traversed though Lalbagh I shot the street scenes through the window of the bus, and I fell asleep a lady sitting next to me nudged me , politely , and all of a sudden near Minara Masjid I saw my friend the limbless Appu , he has no legs no hands and I have been his friend for several years , he had disappeared from his usual begging addas or haunts.

I asked the bus conductor to slow the bus and I jumped out a long distance away I walked till I met Appu I got down to his level hugged him , and shot a lot of pictures I gave him money my visiting card I had given him , he had lost so I gave him two more than I took his leave I took a cab and got off at the awesome entrance of GPO Fort Cha Raja Ganesh Pandal.. and here I met Bharat Jadhav a photographer who had his stall for promoting organ donation after death..

I did not tell him that I too was going to donate my entire body to medicine after death , he offered me tea after the shoot and became a very good friend.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube