Sunday, September 23, 2012

G.P.O FORT CHA RAJA -MY TRYST WITH DESTINY 2012

243,633 items / 2,038,331 views


Many years back and I had just begun photography I was commuting by bus , I was on hard times too business was real bad and life was totally disjointed , I had a window seat and I was going to take a train to Bandra from VT .I happened to see Lord Shiva perched on a mountain top , I rushed out of the bus to shoot this pandal ..G.P.O FORT CHA RAJA ..

And yesterday I had work in town so I decided to shoot this pandal connected to my past and bring back my memories and as I took permission to shoot G.P.O FORT CHA RAJA , the volunteers recognzed me though I was not wearing my turban and exotic attire ..

I shot a lot of pictures and this is my new set at Flickr.com.

Standing next to me is a very polite low profile cultured Maharashtrian the founder of this awesome Pandal Mr Ravindra Surve .

One of the most historical and aesthetic pandals of Mumbai dont miss it ...even if you are not a photographer .. you will be transported into the Darbar of Shivaji Maharaj.. and you will hear the echoes of Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji Jai Maharashtra ..Jai Hind ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube