Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Niyaz For Khwajah Garib Nawaz Moinuddin Chishty By The Delhi Hijras



This was a long series I shot and Khadim Sab recited prayers and this ritual is an integral part of Niyaz humble offerings to the Holy Sainto Of Ajmer fondly known as Khwajah Garib Nawaz..

I have opened this image for public view because I had promised Khadim sab of the same , and all this promotes a message of peace ..whatever your caste color or religiosity does not matter.

After the hijra Nayaks and Gurus had tasted the Niyaz , it was offered to the public too , rice and meat or pilav and sweet rice known as zarda.

Kamini hijra was playing host and so many other beautiful hijras that graced the occasion, both Marc Malang I were shooting the Niyaz , we both sat down tasted the Niyaz .

Last year I shot the Niyaz by the Mumbai hijras at Moti Katla and Taragadh..

Last I also shot the Niyaz of the Jammu Kashmir khusras as the hijras are called and met Sara Haji the head of the hijras , she had invited me for Moharam Ashura but I could not make it as I had visiting photographers from Denmark Kim and Viola and Dr Glenn Losack my best best friend from Manhattan New York.

The Hijras spend lavishly feeding the poor at Urus time they clothe the poor give money to kids to complete their education..for the Hijras of the East West and North India Ajmer Urus is the biggest event of their lives , as they consider Khajah Garib Nawaz their Protector , he shields them from MIsfortune and makes them rich , the money they earn they come do charity.

And he gives them more than what they spend on the poor the needy the homeless.

Had my pictures not been stolen by Flickr theives you would have seen the entire sequence of my documentation of the Hijras of India at Ajmer Urus over the years.

Till Flickr developer dudes upgrade the faulty Spaceball tool that is supposed to safeguard our pictures I wont be showing it to the general public.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube