Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kamini Hijra and Me

236,529 items / 1,977,135 views

I first met Kamini at Haji Malang she was there with a friend Khushi a hijra stylist from Delhi .
Kamini had come to Haji Malang at the invitation of my hijra guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi.
Kamini is a hijra with beauty grace and comes from a highly cultured background , I never till date asked her any personal questions I dont even know her surname.

But as a photographer I enjoyed shooting Kamini she is a natural born model, and she hardly mixes around , she is a fabulously gifted dancer , she is well endowed and the few that know her , will find she is kind hospitable and religiously god fearing.

Having met Kamini at Ajmer over the years she stopped coming to Haji Malang I never asked her a number or her address , and frankly there was never time to get chatty or sociable .

And at Ajmer I mostly met her hosting the Niyaz to the Holy Saint Garib Nawaz or dancing on the streets along with other pretty hijras during the Sandal , a procession of hijras offering tributes to the Saint at the Dargah , as I cannot carry the camera within the Dargah I shot the proceedings barefeet on the hot Ajmer roads .

And so I met Kamini once a year , and we have a mutual respect, she knows I shoot her titillatingly and she surrenders herself to my camera , and I try to shoot her with a pristine passion her beauty that touches all who see her or meet her.

I dont stalk her if I meet her I shoot her , and after the Niyaz and the Sandal I did not meet her at all, I met Raveens Naina and the dusky sexy Soma I shot them..and here too I dont get personal, my objective was to shoot hijras show you their lifestyle their humility towards the Holy Saint and their love for Ajmer.

This is a great contrast to the beggar hijras I shoot in Mumbai, who dont even know Ajmer , beggar hijras at traffic signal dirty smelly running desperately behind cars from noon to dusk , to make a living and I pass them every day as I work a little ahead on the same road.

These beggar hijras are the children of a lesser god they wont be seen at Haji Malang , but are devotees of Tirupati.. Lord Balaji.

But ever since the blatant misuse of my hijra pictures at Flickr I have no desire to shoot hijras at all, and I am sure you would feel the same way if you were me , now if a hijra babe from Peshawar loves my Hira pictures I dont blame her , but than it is the nature of people living across the border to steal, if they cant get what they want , so what can I say imagine a fucked hijra woman in the head living in Peshawar and shooting the same pictures I shoot , shooting the same faces, or shooting Heena at Peela House , and yet she does not have a single picture of her with any of the hijras she has showcased in her photostream all stolen from my lot when it was public.

I always see that I pose with the hijras I shoot , be it Raveena Naina or my own hijra Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi it gives authencity and a signature to my pictures as historical record.

And so for a few rogue members stealing my hijra pictures you wont see my hijra sets collections and this is a vow I have taken I am a Pathan too.. all be it a Moghul Pathan unlike those from hijra picture robbing kleptomaniacs from Peshawar.. and it is a pity.. this defiance and this false bravado .. of this so called Flickr member..

I mean if you are so crazy abou Indian hijras get a Indian visa come down shoot hijras more the merrier why the fuck steal.. beats me.

And to those fucked ones who hide behind the thumbnail of the hijras I shot and indulge in identity theft I have nothing to say, they will be punished one day..

I am sorry as a Pro member Flickr Support has no means to kerb this menace and leaves its dirty work of policing to Yahoo Copyright that is a useless laid back entity that makes it all the more difficult for us to report theft.

I followFlickr rules regulations I stay to myself , I only coment on my friends pictures and I am a member here since 2007 I did not expect to be crucified this way as Flickr pro member .

A fact remains the Flickr spaceball too to protect our images can be breached us faulty and it is time Flickr developers worked and rectified it.

I post my stuff only at Flickr so it is scary as hell.

So you wont be reading my hijra stories or seeing my latest hijra updates .

I feel sorry for those hijras I shot at Ajmer who wont be seeing my pictures at all.

I dont enertain Friend request from strangers .. or people I dont know personally .. and only my Friends on Flickr can see my hijra blogs ..

Sorry ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube