Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pride Of Maharashtra - The Humble Dabbawalas of Mumbai


Ever since I shot the dabbawalas at the Anna Hazare protest at Azad Maidan, they all know me , these selfless dedicated souls, their service to society is immense and so great is their contribution that they are well know Internationally but our local government has hardly done anything for them no free housing , no amenities and a future that is bleak the way I see it..

Armed with a cycle they move around delivering tiffins to office goers from their homes , they are always on time come what may, they dont bunk, they dont maro gutli.. they dont do khada..

The dabbawalas of Bandra are very friendly with me , knowing that I document their work, lifestyle they stand and pose for me so I can spread the word of their self sacrifice..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube