Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Salon Photography and Camera Clubs Make Me Puke

123,090 items / 847,771 views

I would not be what I am without my camera club that I joined in good faith , I went through the path most of you might have gone, I joined my camera club because I loved photography and was bought here by Shreekanth Malushte my photo guru , I met both my other gurus here Prof BW Jatkar and Mr KG Maheshwari, it was the golden age of enlightenment for me , I participated in competitive photography..with some success too so its not the case of a pot calling the kettle black.

Than came the digital camera , it changed my perspective it changed my life my thought process , I became a blogger , a poet a chronicler of pain through street photography.

I saw a newsletter from my club and the images showed me I was lucky that I had become a blogger , I am not a crab in a suffocating bottle , I am free , I am not a talented photographer like some of you , but I shoot pain evocatively , I shoot pain I feel it to I make you share it with me.

I spoke to my dear friend Atul Choubay , he has contributed to my digital beginnings and digital avatar, I asked him when he judges pictures what does he see..?

But than he stumped me by saying he could only see what was shown to him , like me he agreed there was no newness in competetive photography,

Everybody followed the old forefathers squirming in their graves. because even if they copied them it was in real bad poor taste.

I am a blogger but I believe a picture must touch..it must heal it must make the person relive an emotion..shooting a picture to show your importance as a photographer is pure conceit arrogance pompousness pedantic attitude nothing else.

The photographer is person like you and me, his surname or his importance as a cult figure is meaningless..see any newsletter or a salon catalog and you will not be ashamed to think like me that yes salon photography and camera clubs suck..they are regressive and take you a billion light years from reality.

A blog is not just photography it is heart and soul of life it adds fuel to fire so your minds engine does not rust or stagnate.

Yes I am a photo blogger and I am teaching a two year child to shoot pictures with a Nikon D 80 ..I call it Unlearning Photography.

Fuck F Stops .
.
I would have told Mr Phanibanda that but I am not Girish Mistry.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube