Friday, December 23, 2011

I Do Not Say Fuck Shoes Anymore ..

Shiva is a humble polite down to earth pun intended , cobbler friend of mine , he is a good friend since my new job demands shoes .. and the only time I say Fuck Shoes is on Friday , my weekly off , I once again dress up as a quintessential Dam Madar Malang that I am and wander the streets ..my camera is the beggar bowl that shoots pain captures the angst of restless human society that includes hijras beggars too..

Much before Shiva was born I worked on this street and at one time had my own fashion outlet on 29 th road off Water field road, my children grew up on this road and both my sons Asif and Saif studied at St Theresa High School close to late Mr Sunil Dutts office..

Late Mrs Nargis Dutt was very fond of me as I worked at Burlingtons and had done Dutt Saabs clothes for Sangram..I was close to late Mr Sultan Ahmed Saab..there was a time I altered all the suits that Dutt Saab bought from the States ..

My daughter Samiya studied at Apostolic Carmel Convent her admission to this great institution of learning was done by a a very dear friend Mr Pappu Mehra ..and today Marziya Shakir my grand daughter worlds youngest street photographer studies there ..

I could get my shoes polished where I stay but I like Shiva , and so it is Shiva my friend who contributes to my sartorial change of life style .. in a corporate world.

I dont wear a watch was never enslaved to time ,..handcuffed to time would be the worst damning slavery as a Dam Madar Malang.

This morning I gave Nerjis Asif Shakir my other grand daughter a tour of Khoka Chawl a upmarket slum , to which my wife retorted I should take Saif my youngest sons daughter Zaira for my outings ..but I must confess in my family only Nerjis and I are Malangs .. we understand each other we get along very beautifully and I carried my camera and Nerjis Asif Shakir kept touching it knowing well that she is the next Photographer no1 in my family..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube