Friday, October 21, 2011

Two Beggars on the Crossroads of Life

209,210 items / 1,716,183 views

I shoot him every year at Dhai Djin ka Jhopda Ajmer , and I wonder he must be bodily lifted to beg here as to reach this place you have to walk a lot of steps .. he comes from Bengal, during the Urus of the Holy Saint Moinuddin Chishty ..

Ajmer is a holy place of Humanity beggars of all sizes shapes deformity come to beg , and the Holy Saint grants them the wishes , even those who are not beggars going through hard times become beggars .

When times are bad when you fall you just keep falling./

I am a beggar poet , I have begged from door to door with the Naga Sadhus , eaten left overs understood humility and pain of receiving , the alms I got I gave to my Naga Guru Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj of Juna Akhada.

I have begged with the rafaees a Sufi sect a body piercing sect, and it was important to understand this emotion before I began shooting it.. beggars are human , I have broken fast with them on the streets of Bhendi Bazar ..

Only this year I became a Dam Madar Malang along with my Belgian photographer friend Marc De Clercq,,

Sometimes beggary is a organized business run by the mafia , I try not to get in their way I know a lot of stories I have seen shot 14 year old younger mothers its all part of the system.

The beggar family needs a child to beg bring in money ther is no maternal emotions, child is drugged held on a sling on the waist of another child in Bandra ..

Than I shoot beggar hijras , there are hardly beggar prostitutes even the oldest ugliest one get paid for their services by the dead drunks drug addicts lepers any one who wants a flying fuck...

So this is life and this is my genre that I shoot passionately I cry too when I shoot , I pay the beggars , my granddaughter Marziya Shakir began shooting them since the age of 2..

And this is my set at Flickr.com called Muslim Beggars Even God Cant Save.. this is dedicated to Muslims community that builds beautiful mosques Madrsas but hardly a thought for those poor Muslim beggar women on the streets maybe some do help them but you could count them on your fingers just like this..

I am not a social activist I am a poet a blogger a street photographer and I show you my world of pain without demeaning my country its people or its sense or sensibility..

None of the rich Bollywood stars being touted and pimped on Google+Hangout have ever built a school or a children's home or even a widows home or an orphanage .. so please go ahead and Fuck me for not being part of you Hang Out...

This is my take I am opinionated who isn't..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube