Friday, October 21, 2011

I Dont Shoot Flowers !

This is a personal poem of pain, and has nothing to do with photographers my friends or otherwise who shoot flowers , its my general angst against the back drop of the little kids I shoot at traffic signals , so dont read it as a personal attack into your genre of photography..nor do I belittle what you shoot , its your prerogative as shooting pain is my prerogative I thought this disclaimer essential to the inner dark depths of my poem..

The only person who thinks like me on this is Dr Glenn Losack MD ..we arent slinging mud either ..

I dont shoot flowers
in dream like gardens
with expensive cameras
expensive macro lenses
No I dont shoot flowers at all
but I shoot pain
of deflowered hope
of little children
begging at traffic signals
near expensive shopping malls
on the waist of a little girl
another snotty child
very small
their miserable lives
hit by a karmic tsunami of a squall
dwarfs midgets
who will never ever grow tall
used by playful
vicious society as a punching ball
their little miserable lives
up against a barbed wire wall
I shoot these trampled flowers
if you can call them flowers
after all
their dark faces their barefeet
their fucked fate all in all
little girls who will
become child mothers
gang raped by a sucked system
that says bugger all
unshowered flesh
filthy dirty
covered in a deathly pall
you who wont see what I see
watching your game of baseball
towards the finishing line
at a traffic signal of life
as they run as they fall
those without legs
on hands as they crawl
bleeding words encrypted
as poetic scrawl
silence screamlessly
pleading against
a wailing wall

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube