Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sword Matam of Mumbai

The Sword Matam is a speciality of the Shias of Mumbai.
It is not cumbersome like the flagellating blades, its not messy like the Kama Matam,where the best hairstyle goes for a toss, not that itmatters to guys who have no hair on their scalp either.I did avoid the Kama Matam because of my dread locks and fancy Tantrik extensions done by Lady Diana of the Dreads.
I chopped them of in Lucknow to cut my forehead during the Athvi Moharam celebrations at Kazmain.
I did the sword matam withan Iranian sword and I was introduced to this by Cassim Hallori and Mr Bundeally .
I dont think I will ever be able to do the Sword Matam, because of a sword injury to my right hand on the fist and finger joints, also the right hand shoulder has gone frozen because of my diabetic condition.
I do not think I cam maneuver the sword handle or the flagellating blades of my zanjir.
The guy in the picture does it with ease and expertise, this ends my Kaiser Bagh segment over 300 pictures at my Flickr photo stream..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube