Monday, October 24, 2011

I Shoot What Others Refuse To Shoot

209,282 items / 1,719,547 views

walking barefeet
in the blazing sun
as a messenger
of peace and photography
i shoot what others
refuse to shoot
i shoot not to make money
i shoot not to be famous
or a celebrity in humility
are my roots i shoot
whores in redlight cages
hijras beautiful hirsute
i shoot beggars malangs
rafaees the devdasis
manhole gutter cleaners
dying of poisonous fumes
i shoot aghoris naga babas
covered in human ash and soot
because god was kind
lent me his cosmic vision
through my pictures
i pay him tribute
but all in all
it is the common man
struggling to survive
i pay him my
final tribute
tears on the soul
of my beloved
motherland
slaughtered every day
by scams corruptions
by those who run it and loot
india against corruption
team anna too has become
political vindictive instead
of pursuing truth


Picture of a hijra Santosh who comes every year from Nasik to pierce his cheeks with a 18 feet road at Sion Koliwada as tribute to Tamil Goddess Marriamen goddess of fertility and universal peace..he has been doing this ritual since 9 years ..

I have been shooting the Marriammen feast for almost 5 years all over Mumbai and will also pierce my cheeks with a 22 feet rod to show my solidarity with the Hindu Tamils next year perhaps..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube