Thursday, May 19, 2011

Raveena The Hijra Goddess of Ajmer -









186,253 items / 1,467,904 views


Raveena is a moody hijra, very proud arrogant conceited , and she has it all she mocks man his frailty.. and he runs after her everyone wants a bit as a poet photographer I shot her many times the only reason she did not treat me with disdain because I am her Gurus best friend.. her Guru loves and adores me her Guru and I share a unique bond she will never share .. though she is much closer to her Guru than I am.. Her Guru is Mona the child eunuch I have shot since she danced for the first time at the All India Hijra Sammelan.. Mona the child eunuch is a story of a child hijra broken wings broken rhyme and all ..


Sometimes Raveena is very good jovial masti , she is a devout Muslim Friday namaz dressed as a man is a must and than her hurried change to become a desirable woman getting ready for the hijra sandal she stripped of her clothes and I kept shooting her without realizing , but than it was a moment of poetry.. pictures I shot and locked up for good.

I respect her as a woman , she is a tease she plays with man like a mouse plays with a horny cat.. and I never stalk her they just come seamlessly into my cameras perception I shot them.

Ajmer is the home away from home for the hijras and my home at Ajmer is the home of my host Fakru Miya Peersaab of Hujra No 6 and his two sons Farid Bhai and Qambar Miya.

At Ajmer there are just three places you could find me at the Hujra or at Char yar among the dread head Dambardar Malangs or Moi Katla with the Hijras of Ma Madhurima or Gopal Haji.

I hardly visit Laxmi my hijra Guru she stays with dear friend Saboor relative of Peersab Fakhru Miya ,,if I am lucky than I meet Marc De Clercq he will come walking to Ajmer from Delhi with the Dambardar Malangs I have not undertaken this trip as yet..

Delhi is not one of my favorite cities.. dont know why.. never liked it will never like it nothing personal and does not affect friends and relatives I have there. its just that spiritually Delhi not yet entered my poets soul it might one day who knows or all this might be because I hate politics and Delhi is the biggest garbage bin of politics scams and corruptions corruptions are manufactured in Delhi in the PM Saabs backyard and he does not even know about it and the most versatile most mature person who deserves the PM saabs seat is the Lioness of Bengal Mata Banerjee she is a leader of the masses a leader with vision. and she is a pucca Indian in mind soul body flesh she is Durga She is Kali.. She is Mother .. She Is Mamta..

And because this a dreamers blog it takes wings on flights of fancy and poetry.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube