Monday, May 16, 2011

Cheek Piercing Marriamma Feast Madras Wadi Worli Seaface

185,131 items / 1,463,365 views

I was absolutely close to Shanmugham yet it is not easy to get the shots though this area was not as crowded or congested as Nehru Nagar Juhu piercings at Juhu beach..

There were piercings going on above at the Worli promenade but I preferred shooting dowen below because of lesser crowds though the rocks on this beach were cutting into my bare feet and it hurt me as I took the shots..

It was here when the Tamil drummers arrived and began their hypnotic trance drumming I just fell like a bag of potatoes on the rocks such is the power of the drums ..I was revived with water and ash, and my camera was intact..

I was back on my feet shooting the rituals .. the rituals at Madras Wadi an enclave of slums near the Worli Gutter continued even after I took leave of Shanmugham..now a lot of people know me and I am not a person one would forget easily I was the the lone guy shooting the rod removal rituals at the Maryamma Temple at Madras Wadi/

Because of the heat humidity I had removed my Tshirt sleeveless jacket and all my jewelry too..I shot with a telly and a wide angle lens ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube