Friday, April 22, 2011

My Inner Thoughts On Good Friday

181,246 items / 1,429,496 views


Fr Gerard in the short kurta shirt was a good man he was the parish priest of St Peter Church Bandra , but he left after adding his youthful vigor and zest , I spent great times with him , and I miss him immensely he understood me as I understood his love of life Jesus Christ..

But a thought is troubling me since a last few days I am pained I met a Roman Catholic priest I was taken up by his love for his community and his mission of life but sadly he does not like Muslims specially Muslims like me as a Sufi man who reads mind through the silence of the human soul , this thought hit me hard , and I know what is his problem he does not know my agenda , why and why for....

And maybe he does not know me as Fr Jaun in the bush shirt who is my spiritual mentor a humble man who recently gave shelter food to two Croatians visiting our city for almost three days ..

Or my other dear friend Fr Lawrie or Fr Gerard, and perhaps he is not net savvy or he would know about me my love of humanity , perhaps he has blinkers on his godly soul and I dont blame him , but I could not let this thought eat my spiritual entrails..


I recently dropped in to see him , but he had no time to come out and say a simple Hello to me.. and it does not matter it was the poetry of my life that felt the pain of his discomfiture of seeing me..

And as I write this as he goes about with his Mass on Good Friday I hope for a second he thinks of a Muslim beggar poet who will walk with his community to share the pain the pathos of Jesus Christ..the beggar poet will walk bafefeet to understand the meaning of pain suffering and life and perhaps resurrection too..

And how can he forget the women of Vakola who washed his burning feet last year at the market place...I cried from within and understood the trials tribulations of Jesus Christ so I shoot him write poems and I have passed on the heritage of my photography to a three and a half year old girl Marziya Shakir my grand daughter who shoots Jesus Christ more evocatively than I do.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube