Friday, April 22, 2011

14 Stations of The Cross Good Friday Lenten Walk 2011

81,248 items / 1,430,058 views


I was invited by Joe Dias of Cross for the Lenten walk .. today excerpts of his invitation below

The CROSS
The Indian Christian Church (Clergy & Laity) Initiative

Sub: Request to Announce & Cover Good Friday, 22nd April, 2011, 10.30am to 2.30 pm.
Place: Sacred Heart Church, Khar (W), Mumbai 10.30 am onwards

24th Annual Lenten Walking Pilgrimage
Thousands to Walk in Prayer & Protest Good Friday, also called Holy Friday or Great Friday, is the Friday preceding Easter Sunday. It commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ at Calvary.


I have been walking this path with the Christians since many years but for last two years I walked bare feet and this year too..I did it to show my solidarity with their pain and their spirituality.

And it is the Catholic kids who encourage me this is dedicated to those young souls without their love affection and they consider me one of their own my barefeet walk would not have been possible shooting pictures too, they allowed me to rest and sit on the main van where the 14 Stations were held in different surroundings....a 7 km walk.. people walked barefeet like me including a Sikh boy Manjit and many others reciting rosary.


About Good Friday from the net
Traditions on Good Friday -- also known as Holy Friday and Black Friday -- include prayer, fasting and alms giving. Here are 10 quotes to help commemorate Good Friday:

"See, my servant shall prosper, he shall be raised high and greatly exalted."
- Isaiah 52:13

"Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.
In you, O LORD, I take refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
In your justice rescue me.
Into your hands I commend my spirit;
you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God."
- Luke 23:46

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."
- I Peter, 11:24

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.'"
- John 11:25-26

This is my new set at Flickr.com carefully documented and the pain captured as poetry and pictures...As I wont cross blog this please see the entire lot at Flickr.com

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube