Monday, April 18, 2011

I Walk On Water - Gutter Waters of Poetic Faith


180,764 items / 1,422,961 views

I walk barefeet and the slums is the short cut, though it is horrendously wet and slippery , through a tiny by path , only for one man I squeeze in to reach out through a row of houses and come out to the gates of Shree Daya Sagar Hanuman Mandir and the Satghare Ram Mandir.

Cutting through De Monte street Chinchpokli road I exit out at Bandra Hill Road I went to Carter Road shot Damir and Zlatko Croatian street musicians and took a rick till Jimmes Kitchen walking barefeet home ..

At home I wash my feet and scrub it with a weaver birds nest..soap no antiseptic ..and in Chennai Ajmer Hussain Tekri Jaorah I traveled without footwear .. kissing the ground with my barefeet..and the toughest barefeet walk is walking with Jesus Christ and shooting the 14 stations of the cross , which begins at 9.30 am in the morning at Sacred Heart Church and ends at Vakola by 5 pm..

It is a journey a walk that I undertake to share the pain of my Christian friends and in a small way I try to pay back for my Convent education , my upbringing by shooting this event and sharing it world wide..this is a pledge I honor to Christ and the Holy Spirit.

And strengthen my own faith in my beliefs in my Shia heritage and my love of Imam Hussain..

Yes Hussain is Humanity..I dont parrot the words but relive them by shooting the faith of the Hindu friends too..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube