Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Future of the Muslim Beggar Child

178,552 items / 1,401,441 views

Before she came into the world in the womb of a beggar mother , her sister about 2 year old accompanied her burkha clad mother on her Thursday begging rounds, the last time I met the two year old the mother told me they were going to their hometown in Andhra Pradesh.


.I dont know the mother or the child's name I shot them each time on impulse when they came to my workplace.

I never saw her again

Than after a few months the mother returned without the two year but this new one barely a few months old, the older one she told me had fallen seriously sick and so she had left her at the hometown , she was studying, there is also another daughter they have, her husband works cant make ends meet so she begs.

He has time to increase the household a thought I never told her..

Now this Thursday when I shot these pictures she said she was going back , so such is life on a slow track that touches me as photographer a dark poet of gloom.


I am not a social activist, as much as I hate to give alms I give her money as her child is photogenic and bonds with my camera consciousness.

on the threshold
of her life
just beginning
dark clouds
fear looms
much before
her father
embedded
a seed
in her mothers
womb
she was
tried condemned
doomed
a silent scream
from the cradle
to the waiting tomb
through pictures
their pain
i resurrect
exhume
they are the
living dead
of Muslim society
a void a vacuum
on their mound
of despair
they build
ornate mosques
madsasa classrooms
their fate forever
up in fumes
before
it reaches its bloom

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube