Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eruch Irani My Mai Bap Of Casbah Fame

179,200 items / 1,406,737 views

I used to booze at Eruchs joint Casbah at Bandra Hill Road opposite Iranis and New Talkies.. Irani beer joint New Talkies and Casbah are nothing but dreams , figments of my mind..all gone ..giving way to Try Me , Globus and extension of Metro Palace Pulse..

I used to drink at Iranis too but when it shut shop I moved to Casbah when Casbah shut shop I moved to Canara Shetty joint in the evenings and Yacht for Utara early mornings..


Till one day I locked up my minds drinking shop and turned a new leaf , not touching a single drop for almost 15 years now or more.

It was Eruch who saved my money and finally we bought our first house at Danpada Khar Danda., it was dirt cheap those days lacs and not crores.


So when Eruch accosted me on Hill Road we walked back memory lane and everyone who is who of Bandra Mumbai drank at Casbah.

Casbah did not have a juke box or it would been a super hit..


Eruch is now settled in USA with his daughters but visits Mumbai regularly I am one of his old friends Bidu crony whatever you may call it..

And a Eruch a restaurateur a bar owner changed my life to a great extent I owe a lot to him specially the roof over my head.

This is my tribute to him..



And the guy next to him is my fathers ghost.. in suit shirt and tie..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube