Saturday, April 23, 2011

14 Stations of the Cross At Sacred Heart Church




181,304 items / 1,430,790 views

I shot over a 1000 pictures and with a faulty net connection it might take me days before I upload the whole lot.

This walk was an experience normally I shot it clinically as a photographer but this time my soul was in turbulence I am going through the worst phase of my life , emotionally and otherwise and I was in pain internally and externally my feet burnt , but I shot I cried too , I have never cried before on this walk, but it just came In bursts and inundated the pathos and poetry of my porcelain soul that cracks very easily..

I was told by many I would be blessed for taking this punishing path of pain and freeing my self from guilt and sorrow, but I was not here for spiritual gratification I get it from the Almighty and I never did something to get rewards if I did good and the reward went to another man it would make much happier , I say this out of the sincerity of my soul..


I shoot Lalbagh Chya Raja and my Shia ethos with the same devotion and faith not keeping anything back, I shot the Lenten walk to give back to the Christian community in kindness hat I received as my school education at Michelle Obama Holy Name High School Colaba..the values I inherited from my teachers and a Catholic morally satisfying environment..

Never did any priest tell me to convert to Christianity instead their teachings their universal plea of Humanity made me a much better Muslim .. and here I will simply say a better Shia Muslim.

So this walk meant a lot to me I came home tired drenched in sweat dehydrated I am a diabetic and my loving grand daughter 3 and a half years old Marziya Shakir also a street photographer like me washed and scrubbed my feet a task she takes up and earns and shares the goodness of my good deeds equally.


Who knows one day if you see a young girl in hijab shooting the Lenten March after I move away into the next world you can be sure my heritage is in safe hands..at three and a half year old Marziya Shakir has shot the St Peter Church most of the Bandra crosses and good old Fr Jaun too on my Nikon D 80 camera.. she respects Jesus Christ and is one of his favorite child this I am sure of..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube