Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Wheel Chair Called Desire



176,132 items / 1,371,415 views

Nowadays of late street kids stalk me , they want to be seen on the Internet , and the quintessential ubiquitous camera has added to the notoriety of my pedestrian fame.I get invitations to come for a function and a reminder too Bhai dont forget your camera.

The slums that I cut in through as a short cut to my workspace has a bunch of these kids all ready with their Friday best before going to Namaz smile ..I am impulsive I shoot I dont shoot..

Than nowadays it is the truck drivers of Chinchpokli Bandra that want to be photographed too...they invite me for tea but I pretend I am in a great hurry to ease my self away from such situations.

There are Sallu clones with jeans on much below the equatorial region of their pelvis a imitation silver bracelet with a turquoise a toothy smile also wanting to be photographed..with a colorful Be Human t shirt.

I tell them politely just hang in I am coming back in a few minutes than for that day I change the route to my house...and if he catches me the next day I give him some other lame or langda excuse.

The people I eagerly shoot are hijras , beggars sadhus I stopped shooting politicians and public rallies.

This kid on the wheel chair does all kinds of stunts to draw my attention..

Than there are young kids who tell me dont forget to post their pictures on Facebook.

Flickr is their favorite because it has Bandra Bazar Road as one of the most sought after categories.. than my set on Street photography and of course my hijra sets.


I carry my camera all times battered bruised but it captures the soul of my surroundings my angst and the angst of the people I shoot.

They dont begrudge the fact that they cant download my pictures from Flickr.

And I dont post pictures at Facebook at all only my Flickr links.. and Facebook pushes my viewership to over 22000 people accessing my Flickr blogs almost every day.. this I say in sheer humility and gratitude.

Yes I pimp my blogs at Facebook

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube