Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Umbrella Lady Bandra Reclamation

176,127 items / 1,371,384 views

She sits there as seasons come and go , an umbrella the bare necessity of her life , winter summer are fine her bad days begin when the rains set in , but she sits at the same place determined facing the ravages of time and space.

I have shot her extensively never spoken to her I dont know her name and she has never talked to me , she does not beg let me make this clear to you..,

You give her something she will accept without a thanks.. you are saving your soul not hers.

She is a landmark of Bandra Reclamation even great politicians stay opposite her house on the road.

And I shoot her as poetically as it is possible , she and Maria the leper lady , the cute blind beggar boy has disappeared for good .

Appu the limbless guy I have not met since a very long time...

The other set of beggars are those that sit at JJ Colony Bandra.

The Turner road traffic signal kids a is lost chapter of my tryst with street photography.

Fridays near the Bandra Shia Mosque namaz time you see the burkha clad Muslim beggars of Mumbai...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube