Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Muslim Beggar Woman's Dillemma

178,499 items / 1,397,996 views

I took her by surprise I was on my way to work and this is a beggar community from Murshidabad West Bengal , a huge bunch that begs in the slums and from the slums moves in to the main road begging from shops.

They mostly dress in black, and most are in pairs, I have not talked to one of them , but its the morbid pain of their lives , they dont have children tagging them like the Mumbai or Kahmiri migrant beggars.

Maybe Mamtaji's success in dislodging the reds might add a bit of color to the blackness of their own stark lives time will tell...

And all those parties that were created for the salvation have done nothing for the common man , their leaders fattened themselves became super rich in a very short space of time and the common Dalit or the poor man is still building statues in the sun.

This is the greatest tragedy of my beloved India.

A single vote added to the kitty of Ministerji made him a rags to riches story,and not that I envy him , he had his kismet emblazoned in gold before he was born on this planet the Gods of Indralok were by his side.

I shoot beggars it kills my boredom so to speak, it adds to the poetry of their life and mine too.


This world where I live in is a pond for thirsty beggars they come from far and wide and this is not a temple town on the banks of a river but this is Bandra a peaceful suburb once a Queen now gone to seed.

And between Bandra West and Bandra East there is a great divide , but it will not last very long as the East is now surpassing the West as the posh Bandra Kurla complex eats into the hearts of slumlands..Garib Nagar is touted as Rs 20000 per squire feet..and these days it hardly has a honorary mention in media..


And it is sad and strange the media talks incessantly of Libya Syria Iran Saudi Arabia Yemen but there will never be a line on the human rights situation in Bahrain..

Bahrain is under Saudi Arabia troopsor the Peninsular force but who cares not even their spineless king who has lost the trust of his people is what it shows..

Muammar Gaddafi is a bad good ruler hardly gives anyone to right bomb an independent country.. we as Indians are lucky or they would have bombed our ruling party for the mess and the scams and corruption galore.


And Iraq after getting rid of Saddam Hussain is gone from bad to worse , whatever Saddam was at least he governed with an iron hand and there were not so many Sunni Shia clashes Muslims killing Muslims ..per se.


And our opposition political party in India is directionless and reminds me of an auction scene at a fishing market at Sassoon Dock...you can only hear the voice of the highest bidder... who takes the fish and the smell goes away .

I am happy after shooting beggars at least my mind gets a new lease on its imagination and from the same words I recycle the pain of a new poem.

This was posted last night at 2.30 am I am adding text this morning I slept late like almost all cheering Indian did.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube