Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HIV AIDS Children And Creativity

178,448 items / 1,396,032 views


Children who have lost parents to HIV/AIDS are not only just as deserving of an education as any other children, but they may need that education even more. Being part of a school environment will prepare them for the future, while helping to remove the stigma and discrimination unfortunately associated with AIDS.
-- Harry Belafonte

I was invited by a very dear friend to see the creative works of children living in an atmosphere of AIDS , either they have it or it in some cases their parents are infected , I did not shoot their pictures though they all gathered around me seeing me in my bejeweled attire, some of them kept holding my hands and rings..this was the first time I was meeting these special kids in my life and because of the stigma attached to this scourge of a disease I am happy through their work you will see and understand them better.


I was told a lot of people did shoot these kids but misused their pictures for their own vested interests , I am an avid photographer I shoot beggar kids but here the issue is very sensitive and I am not mentioning the organization or the place where I shot these pictures.

I saw dreams in their eyes , and I saw a glimmer of hope I met two young girls both want to be management students and they behaved normal unhindered by their sufferings or the sufferings of their parents or family members.

These are silent pictures and they tell a story of human pain , pain is the only emotion that connects one person with another as human beings.. through their pictures you can interpret myriads of thoughts in color and the darkness of their lives.

I am indeed happy that I was able to shoot their work their joyous creativity and share it with all of you...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube