Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shooting Eternity In The Eyes of a Hijra

171,433 items / 1,335,874 views

Her name is Balan...
She is from Surat Gujrat .
She was with her Guru .

I could have gone on shooting her but she was not too comfortable with my picture taking someone had warned her I was from the Press and I would write wrong things about her.

And I do wear a Press Card round my neck just as a safety measure though I hardly need it at Haji Malang as almost everyone knows me my intentions and my passion for shooting hijras.

I shoot the hijras or the Holy Shrine and its people and surroundings and some rituals .

I walk a lot and when I say lot I mean hell of a lot after coming back from Haji Malang a mountain that I walked up and down barefeet , I have been in great pain, I am a diabetic I doont take my regular diabetic medicine on such trips..I used to be on the insulin I stopped after moving to another doctor.

Back home I had my feet massaged including my body by my masseur Bhura Singh.. it gave me some relief.

My head wound of my kama matam that I did in Chehlum at Hussain Tekri Jaora bleeds , and strangely it bleeds after healing too..

I have a huge lot of pictures in my camera including this lot about 16 GB to upload here at Flickr all of Haji Malang pictures mostly hijras and Sultan Shah Baba.

My favored lot is of a hijra grooming I shot of a hijra called Fizza and Raveen the seductress hijra, and the finest of Khushi hijra of Mumbai.,

I shot my hijra guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi too but not too many pictures though.
She arrived late at Haji Malang because she is still mourning the untimely death of her father.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube