Thursday, February 24, 2011

Madhu Hijra Fakir

171,271 items / 1,335,047 views

In my life I have met all kinds of hijra transgener ardh nari nareshwars sada suhagins hijra rafaees eunuch children but Madhu Hijra beats them all with her knowledge her wit her wisdom, her motto as a fakir or mendicant jo de bismillah jo na de ilallaallah.


I met her at Gopal Hajis house at Haji Malang she has tatoos all over her body and is bare breasted most of the times.

She is a face reader mind reader and and a shaman.

She is a tantrik too.

She looked into my eyes annd said it is an ocean of pain bleeding red .. I answered her politely in all humility..It is Ghame Hussain its source is in Karbala.

She said you have come a long way ..yes I told her through a rough urban terrain.

She kept silent while I shot these few frames and she is one of those Hijras I can shoot without stopping ..and this includes Khushi Laxmi Narayan Tripathi Heena and Raveena and Naina.

I include Megha too in the list ...

Why do I shoot hijras passionately I dont know..but I do and it comes from within.. I have no sexual urge for a hijra simply because they dont turn me on.. I shot Raveena hijra while she was grooming stripping her clothes pictures which none of you will ever see as I shot is as poetry for myself without titillation and this is the closest I have come to understand the androgyny of the hijra.

At Haji Malang I have been approached by hijras to shoot them raw I politely refused not my cup of tea.. my hijra chronicles are about hijra pain their struggle their failures and the steep climb up.. both the hijra and my poets soul are two sides of a scale measuring morbidity and despair.

The hijra like me is not scared of dying we both die every second.. I cut my head I walk on fire I know pain as closely as pain knows me we are conjoined both in the eternity of entwined pain.


I shot the eunuch children Mona and Nandini trying to understand their angst and Nandini scares me by her vulnerability .. she is here and not here kind of thing.

Mona has grown and is a boy with no femininity at all and yest I shot Mona many years back dressed in white at the All India Hijra Sammelan at Park Site when she danced quite awkwardly actually. Mona the child eunuch is Raveena Hijras Guru.. a deadly combo.


I could have stayed back at Haji Malang shot the Sandal of Sultan Shah Baba the largest gathering of hijras but I let it pass , I left Haji Malang without remorse and I knew I would never climb this mountain ever again.

If you understand a poets pain you wont ask any explanation.

This evening I spoke to Khushi hijra from Mumbai the most heavenly doll and invited her home to meet my family and to pose for my 3 year old gifted grand daughter Marziya the worlds youngest street photographer.

She accepted my invitation .. and human bonding is what matters in a hijra man relationship more than anything else.

My hijra pictures are Gods gift to me in the beggar bowl of my camera there is nothing special about my camera or my photography but yes I consider my camera as the third eye of Shiva and so will Shiva not give me the extra boon to shoot his avatar Ardh Nari Nareshwar..yes he does my hijra set Hijda-Eunuch.Com at Flickr is testimony to the same.

I have lived with Aghoris I have lived with Naga Sadhus Rafaees , Malangs ..but I have not lived with the hijras at all I shoot them as I meet them..I dont even ask hijras how or why they became hijras..I am not a journo.. my stuff will never be published .

I dont sell my pictures I upload them at Flickr.com and than cross blog a few to Wordpress Blogspot Twitter and my Hijrda Eunuch blogs.

I once lived on Facebook but I moved away for good.. nothing personal but I unhooked myself.. till Marc Zuckerburg makes downloading of our pictures the choice of the photographer I dont intend using it...till Facebook comes up with a Space ball tool like Flickr..I wont use Facebook out of respect to him I have not deactivated my account.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube