Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Mask Of Blood Is A Protest Against Yazidiyat

165,414 items / 1,301,356 views

I take you back to Hussain Tekri Jaora where I shot the Chehlum on the streets and at Hazrat Abbas Roza and the Roza of Bibi Sakina .

Chehlum is the 40 th day of Imam Hussains Martyrdom.

As the Chehlum is a day earlir than at Mumbai I shot both the Chehlums though I cut my head at Hussain Tekri along with the Kashmiri Shias more intense and fierce matamdars than me in a way they inspired me to do my Dance of Death Tandav on the Soul of Shimr.

My bleeding would not stop because I am a diabetic and dont take my diabetic dosage when I am out of Mumbai on pilgrimage I leave it to God.. he takes care of me.

I was told by the Just guys First Aid holistic healers to take stitches on my head I refused flatly and after several bandages continued shooting this event till it got over by 5 pm and I cleaned myself and rushed to catch the Mumbai Jaipur Express for Mumbai.


This is a long series prior to this thee is another flder I shot of possessio exorcism at the Holy Shrines including my barefeet trip to Chilla of Chabuk Sharif another holistic healing place bordered by hashiish fields.

Hussain Tekri is an experience of a life time and shall remain with me forever.

I had cut my head with the camera round my neck..so I dont have pictures of the head cutting only these few pictures shot by a guy to whom I gave my camera.

I did not cut my head at the Mumbai Chehlum but removed this bandage in Mumbai ..

This is a graphic set that i have moderated accordingly please use your discretion while seeing it at my Flickr photo stream.


Because of the blood and gore I house this in a new set here at Flickr... there are three sets of Hussain Tekri 2011.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube