Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why Do I Shoot The Gay Pride Year After Year Barefeet

165,413 items / 1,301,221 views

I have had a problem I got a call that upset me badly as I shoot this parade year after year without any agenda, simply because I am a disciple of a Hijra Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi , the Gay pride includes hijras and transgenders, I dont have lesbian or bi sexual friends and their sexual orientation is their personal prerogative and does not bother me.. I do not degrade their community , but my hand is my signature that intrudes on time and space to tell you all this shot by me.

I have a lot of gay friends I have known since ages , I am not a member of Humsafar Trust but I salute the work they do and I am a hardcore fan of Ashok Row Kavi , he is a subject of my pictures and my poems too.

I have a great respect for Vivek anand Nitin Karani and Pallav , whenever they invited me for an event I ever refused any of them.

I dont sell my pictures at all , though I offered to give it to the Oprah Winfrey show when it was requested by them for their latestshow , pictures of Manvendra Singh Gohil to whom I have dedicated this series and to my Hijra Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi.

I cross blog my stuff to my Hijda Eunuch blogs and at Bogspot Word Press Twitter , I have moved out of Facebook hence these pictures or links wont be seen there at all.

I shoot this Gay Pride for those who could not make it straight or gay, I show you a movement that has grown fewer masks and open support by all college students of their gay friends and parents and relatives of their gay ward and children.

My pictures wont make it to the newspaper at all ..but yes as a photo blogger my pictures reach where angels fear to tread.


I was posting religious pictures of my Shia heritage I pput it on hold to include this stuff so people can see it in its topicality.

I now bring this series to an end I have about 100 pictures I shall post them after I finish my Moharam stuff..

Thanks to all of you who helped me supported me..while taking these pictures.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube