Friday, January 28, 2011

They The Nameless Faceless Come With Great Hope at Hussain Tekri Jaorah

164,264 items / 1,294,837 views

Hussain Tekri Jaorah is touted to be one of the most visited paces for holistic healing at the Holy Shrines of Shia Saints and irrespective of this claim people from all religion predominantly Hindus tribal s of all color caste and creed come here to be healed,some remain here for a long time and Hussain Tekri is nothing short of a asylum for the possessed , mentally and physically disabled.

As I was here for just a few days coinciding with the Chehlum of Imam Hussain , I did not have much time to shoot everything, but I shot extensively , I will not add text unless necessary.

I shot people as they approached my camera , I shot the Devils Tree and areas of the famous Mehdi Chowk, I shot the loban time when all the possessed come to inhale the holy smoke a cure for all and go into trance..

And this entire set at Flickr is a story board of images of pain morbidity depression on one side and the Shia mourning matam azadari on the other side,

My later images of the matam are graphic bloody and all this happens on the last day of Chehlum , I left Hussain Tekri the same night to catch up with the Chehlum in Mumbai the following day.

I have not yet posted the Mumbai Chelum pictures at all I shall do it after I complete this long series at Hussain Tekri Jaorah a visit of a life time, my second visit ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube