Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kurbani Kurbani Kurbani

153,253 items / 1,193,694 views

For three days from tomorrow the Muslims will slaughter goats cattle for three days consecutively ...for Idd Ul Udha.

Kids will once again dress up in new clothes and hang around for the butchers to come and cut the goats.

Blood will flow freely in most of the Muslim housing colonies and the slums.

I will shoot the Idd Namaz and than shoot the slaughter of gats in the slum close to my house and I walk barefeet my feet kissing the blood that flows appeasing the soul of man through god and animal sacrifice.

My wrist has not healed and my diabetic ulcer on my right hand has made my life miserable but I shot a few street shots of goats and the Bandra compound , and as I exited from the slums I caught the Hijras of Bandra station road signal and these are real wild ones one of them hates photographers like the plague..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube