Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bandra Station Road Bakra Eid Namaz 2010

153,371 items / 1,194,810 views

This is my new set at Flickr dot com, I was just in time to shoot this , God assisted me in a way I was late , and had to cut through various slum lanes to reach here , but than taking a short cut got me pictures of the Eid Namaz at Noorani Masjid which are part of my Bakra Idd set also at Flickr..

I had a call from Pratik Koli and a message from Satish Malavade I missed both of them shooting from the Bandra skywalk, later walked down and being barefeet I shot from within where the men prayed something no photo journalist can do ..

There was luckily no Idd Hugging pictures this time , and the journos were missing where the Bandra poster boys and a single girl sat.

I shot the Muslim beggars they are the only one that never ever get to celebrate both the Idds.

And this series after it gets over I will add the goat slaughter pictures I shot adding it to my Bakra Idd set .

So this was a tough shoot as the diabetic ulcers on my right hand hurt me badly , and I rested did not go out even to shoot the bull slaughter .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube