Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jain Muni Shot By Marziya Shakir On The Nikon D 80

148,884 items / 1,140,105 views

There is a story behind this picture but I shall keep it short , Marziya saw the Jain Muni entering a building so I followed the Jain Muni because he visited a Jain family I know .

I went to that house but he was at another house , the lady of the house where he was to arrive asked me in as her husband Dr Jain is known to me .

When the Jain Muni arrived I told hm I had shot him many a times on the road and written a few poems on him , he liked Marziya instantly and because he cannot touch a girl child he blessed her from a distance in the meantime Marziya asked for my camera and took two shots.

We were about to leave but the Jain Muni asked us to wait as the lady of the house gave him food he asked me also to pick up a roti and place it in his container I did.

When Marziya had come to the house the lady of the house had given her some chocolates which she held in her hand s , the Muni asked Marziya to pick up a roti and give it to him , but Marziya instead of the roti picked up her chocolates and was about to place it in his container , I began to cry and The Muni told Marziya he did not want her chocolates only the roti which she placed but wondering why I was crying , I was crying because my grand daughter who loves chocolates was giving her entire share away to the Jain Muni.

The Jain Muni spoke fluent English and invited me to his Ashram but I have been unable to go there and I shot these pictures a few days back I finished my back log and am posting it today.

So Marziya sometimes becomes my Guru too wit her wisdom the greatness of her heart and soul and I wonder by shooting pictures with my camera she is not earning photography from me but teaching me the essence of photography as a holistic science and giving relief to my restless soul.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube