Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Cobbler Of Dreams

148,987 items / 1,140,730 views

And upper class Hindu Brahmanic society called him a Mochi or chamar , they are stilled looked down upon thanks to the ghost of the caste system that still prevail in the mind of a bigot.

This cobbler is a friendly person always busy with the job on hand I shoot him , he stitches repairs overhauls polishes footwear , he sells a few sandals made by him.
His faithful clientele is the cops of the Bandra Police station , who have their shoes and belts polished by him.

He sits on the pavement on busy Bandra Hill Road diagonally opposite the Bandra Police station on the same road.

Rains heat humidity he is there and absolutely polite I have never heard him ever raise his voice , he tells me do people really see his picture or want to know his street story of his life and cobbled dreams ..when I told him I post his pictures on the internet , a huge river online where paper boats called blogs pictures set sail touch the harbor of human hearts.

I dont think he understood that ...and for once I am feeling less exhausted more relieved I dont have to pimp my blogs anymore at Facebook.

As a blog I give birth on Flickr ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube