Saturday, August 7, 2010

Memories of My Grand Mother Bhabo Ammi

136,278 items / 1,052,724 views

I shot this recently in Mumbai but while working on it and posting it here I was thrown back in time , of time spent as child at my maternal grand mothers house near Pata Nala Lucknow .

This ancestral house and several of them close to each other belonged to my late grand father Daroga Nabban Saab eminent poet and related to Mir Anis.


This place had a peculiar address it was called Imli wali Gali and it was close to Kankar Kua..and when my maternal grand father died it was my grand mother Bhabo Ammi or Nazmi Begum who bought up her children as my grand fathers first wife and her children migrated to Pakistan.

Chaudan one uncle remained behind but he too left in later life.


I was bought up by my maternal grandmother and she taught me about my Shia roots and heritage, and this was only when we visited Lucknow.


I was not aware of her death , but seeing this lady in Mumbai I was thrown back into a pond of old memories.

Now my mother is dead too, and my dad , and Lucknow of old has receded in the back ground , the ancestral house of grand parents no more exists all sold off by my mothers only brother.

So pictures conjure images that have no relation with the pictures we shoot..trigger sad painful memories of lost hopes and lost illusions.

Only the mouse clicks the pain into oblivion.

And a blog does this to me and perhaps might connect with someone living on the edge of hope and add a smile on his or her face ..and you dont have to be Dickens to write what you want to write ..simple words simple sentences simple thoughts are the heirlooms of humanity..

If the blog was not invented God would have created it , from the coccyx of Man ,,,to add to his Tale.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube